We are in transition...back to school!
Maggie will start her last semester of preschool at the U of I Child Development Laboratory next week. Today we had her home visit with the lead teacher and one of the new undergraduate teachers. Magnolia could not stop sharing details about her life, loves and interests at home. There were a few moments I wondered "Who is this little girl?"....Apparently one that isn't shy at all! Even her lead teacher commented, "I've never seen this Maggie before!"
After play dates with preschool friends over break, and the excitement of Kindergarten approaching, I'm so hopeful that Maggie can transition to more of an active member of preschool...jumping right in to everything she wants to do, or at least playing with the other children (which would be good too)!
This semester I'll be taking on more credits than my previous semesters and moving right ahead with creating online training modules on inclusive care and education for childcare providers.
This will certainly be the most I've stepped away since River's birth.
It's feeling like the right transition right now, and plans are that I will graduate in the Fall, and then we will transition yet again.
Mama's Work...
Magnolia's Work...
No comments:
Post a Comment