Sunday, June 2, 2013

While Mommy's Away

After a very last minute request, Mommy headed to Boise to present at the IdahoSTARS summit leaving my little family for the longest period of time so far since River's birth...three nights away.
Because I have an awesome husband who appeases my obsessive mommy mind I received plenty of text updates. Thought I'd share them with all of you as well;)

Apparently the first day looked a bit like this...


The second night looked a bit like this...


 The third morning looked a bit like this...


The third day looked a bit like this...


That's right...a little sketchy at times, but they made it...even managed to work in some play dates!

It's not that I worry that something is going to go wrong; my husband is more than capable of taking it all on. It's just that I know my leaving means lots of juggling and a bit of chaos for them. They always do great though. And I'm always glad that my children get to see me focus on my profession too. I can only hope that I'm modeling not only the importance of family, but the importance of doing something for yourself, and loving what you do.

On a Sidenote: Four days away from River has meant that we are now finished with breastfeeding. It seems as though Mommy has no more milk. I certainly knew this is how things could go, and he had been breastfeeding so infrequently it felt like the right time. 
We've had a few more tears than expected about it (and some held back tears too), mainly because, well...Mommy was gone for four days, and he missed his "mama mook." Yesterday and today we've talked a lot about getting bigger, how he's eating so many healthy foods now, and how mommy can't keep making milk. We opted for a special trip to the store to pick out his very own special "mook cup" for his new "mook.". He was very excited, and actually drank an entire cup of soymilk this evening...warmed...in his new cup.
We're hoping for a pretty smooth transition, and looking forward to our almost two year old boy, with a few little good-bye's to our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment