Apparently we aren't ever going to lack the presence of imaginary friends around our house...
After reading up, a bit extensively, on imaginary friends after we "met" Enzy, and later Leah via Maggie's imagination, I felt I had a fairly clear understanding of their purpose. Specifically, I had learned that imaginary friends are common for girls starting around the age of three, and can develop during times of transition (i.e. a baby brother being born). Enzy and Leah seemed to make sense.
Dawn on the other hand....is RIVER's imaginary friend from out of the blue (or pink which I'll elaborate on in just a bit).
We first heard about Dawn when she started calling River on his phone. River quickly made up silly games in which he would bring me the phone and tell me it was Dawn, I would tell Dawn I was busy, then she would call right back. He loved this game.
Later River explained to us that Dawn is a girl. Dawn is two. She lives in a pink house, on Moscow Street. Her house is dark inside. River lives with her...so does Daddy. Dawn climbs trees in the forest, and sometimes she hides inside loveys. Dawn is silly. She frequently makes River laugh, and River loves telling us all about her.
A few days after we "met" Dawn, Maggie looked at me and stated with excitement, "He has an imaginary friend just like I had Enzy!" So FYI...If Dawn is going to stick around as Enzy and Leah did, I assume all of you will be hearing about her too. So, let me introduce you all to yet another imaginary pal in the Crist clan...Dawn!
From the imagination of this guy....
No comments:
Post a Comment