We've been reading chapter books for awhile now with Magnolia. One evening I suggested to Magnolia that her and I dig out my box of bigger kid books to see if we could find anything interesting...
We stumbled upon this beauty of a book!...
Maggie instantly became enchanted by Monet and his art. I mean really...all those paintings of flowers!
She asked if she could check out books and watch videos about Monet. She always asks me this when she becomes interested in something new. She knows there is a world of information at our fingertips, and a library card on our key ring... we jumped right in!
We found this video...
And we checked out this book...
We picked up a few new art supplies...
and voila!...
Magnolia's depictions of Monet's pink house in Giverny, the Japenese bridge over his pond with the water lillies and another of the Seine River, with the boat, and a rainbow
Dreaming...
"I love being an artist Mommy! I can't wait until my pictures are in museums." -Magnolia
On to the next medium...paint on canvas, just like Monet.
Her very own "The Boat" (see above) and "The World"
Of course River was busy working right along Sissy, with his own free-spirited art.
Here is his drawing of "Mama, Da-deeeee, Beeee (Boston)."
No comments:
Post a Comment