Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dear Magnolia,

You are now six years old. I remember how much you had wished for the magical age of five, and now to be six! You are so carefully navigating this transition to maturity my dear daughter, you still live in magical worlds full of fairies and you still play out the lives of almost every girl character you read about in one of the many, many books we read. You love all this, but at the same time you remind me that you are growing up, you see your friends changing, you notice they don't see these magical worlds as you do, and you are deciding right before my eyes who you are meant to be.

I can't emphasize enough how much I love you. My dear daughter I think of you so much more then you'll ever know. I know your heart, so full of creative energy and such strong passion!! I know what you wish for, and I so often wish for the same things just to see you happy. It is that time though when you begin to make your own choices. When your world is much less mine, and more your very own.

You are staring first grade in the fall and after a wonderful summer of play, camping, and family, you are a bit hesitant. Of course you will do well...you always do.

I am so very proud of you. Every, single, day. You make me think, you instill an insistent patience in me, and you make me a better person.

Happy, happy sixth Miss Magnolia!

Loves,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment