Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mama Days




I get to spend three mornings a week now just with River. On Monday and Wednesday mornings we hang out at home, catch up on housework, and he patiently plays while I call into work for meetings.
Tuesday mornings we spend out and about doing his activities. We walk downtown (well, he rides in the buggy all snuggled up in blankets while I trudge through snow, rain, and cold winds) for co-op kids then over to the library to checkout our always large pile of books and participate in music and movement. 
It reminds me a lot of those days I spent with Magnolia right after our move to Moscow...just her and I. 
I am so thankful for this time with him, watching him play, grow and learn at home. 

Magnolia is attending full day kindergarten now. Everyday when I pick her up from school she always has so much to fill me in on. I love this too. 
Just today we picked her up from school and before we can say "hello" she asks, "Do you even know what today is?!?!" 
For those of you that did not know, today is World Read Aloud Day.

This is exciting news, so of course before we've even made it into the house Magnolia and Cora have made plans to write their own stories and read them aloud. 

Here's a glimpse of Magnolia's story...
it's a good one;)


And just like that my day is done. 
Sometimes Often I feel a bit crazed trying to balance my career, caring for my family and keeping a home I'm proud of. I guess I would be crazy if I didn't, right? 
But, really, I have it quite good. And every single day I'm reminded of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment