It's that time of year for my children where they have to rely on their imaginations and seek their own fun to fill days spent mostly indoors. This is something they had gotten quite good at the last few years, as they would transition from summer and fall days spent mostly outdoors to colder days spent mostly indoors.
The winter "break" is so clearly defined now by Maggie's school schedule, so I wasn't sure it would feel as natural this year.
Within a few days though we had transitioned right back into the rhythm of home. I've always found that if I provide enough open-ended materials, somehow, they know just what to do.
And of course we seized every moment we could to sneak outside....
Next week we'll be right back to school, work, and even dance lessons!
I really do appreciate and value these new and independent adventures we are all finding ourselves on...but after these past couple weeks I realize how much I miss these days of "just being" with my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment