Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Magnolia is 5!

Dear Magnolia,
You are finally five years old...you have been wishing and hoping for that magical age since you were two. And now of course you have shared with us that you will soon be twenty! Mama gasped at that!
You are changing so much as you approach more and more of what I see as the "real world." This is your world outside of your life right here in your home and with your family.
You are becoming more and more brave every, single, day. Although I still worry about you, way more than I probably should, you are becoming so capable and independent. Just this last month you have started asking me if you can do some very "big" things all on your own. You are going up to store clerks when you need something at the store, you go to use the restroom (at the co-op) all on your own, you even go across the street to retrieve the mail and bring it home, and you don't hesitate to take off with a familiar adult. I don't regret at all moving to Moscow where our community is like extended family helping you become that person you are meant to be.
Even at home you are spending more and more time doing things on your own. Hours each week are spent at your desk drawing and creating so many different things. You have stayed up very late at night in your bed my dear looking at (and even reading some simple words) your treasured books. Mama sneaks in late to give what I believe to be my blissfully dozing little girl a kiss, only to find a bright-eyed girl covered in a pile of books.
Every day you dream big...you are always planning something. You have a handful of friends that you love and think of so much. I can't help but think that whoever is lucky enough to befriend you, will have a friend for life...that's just how you are.

I adore you daughter....I love you so much...in that very special mama/daughter way. I am so proud of you, and can't wait to watch you continue to become the extraordinary little person you are meant to be.

Loves Goose.

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment