But to this mama...!!!!!!
I have been taking Maggie to story times at our local libraries since before she was one year old. She has always attended to the entire story time, but when it came time for any music or movement... she was always content to be the observer. I've worked with many different children with similar temperaments, but as a mother this was difficult for me. Especially, when we'd come home and she'd act it out safely in her own environment. I didn't want to see her hold back, but at the same time, I've gotten to observe her grow and learn so much by simply following her own pattern of development.
Because, the child who sits back and observes misses nothing!
At her parent/teacher conference I was given pictures of the day she set up a stage and danced the nutcracker for an entire audience of teachers and peers!
This feels monumental to me, having watched her caution and hesitancy with joining into large groups over the last four years.
So as I watched her stand up in an instant and just start doing the hokey pokey at story time...well, obviously I pulled out my camera to document.
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment